Stopping smoking advice
It is never too late to stop smoking, if you are serious about stopping we can provide you with 1:1 smoking cessation advice or we can provide help and information about other local smoking cessation services where you can get support to give up.
- Smoking kills over 100,000 people per year in the United Kingdom.
- Smokers are more likely to get ill and die earlier than non-smokers.
- Nicotine is ten times more addictive than heroin.
Tips to help you stop smoking
- Plan your attempt to quit smoking
- Pick a date and keep to it
- Support from family and friends is vital
- Reward yourself with 'treats' from the money you save
- Always take one day at a time
- Be positive
Your doctor will be able to advise you about nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT increases your chances of quitting successfully. The products are available on prescription.
For further help and support to stop smoking visit www.want2stop.info
Good Luck! Remember it's never too late to give up.