Proposed Relocation Of Silverbirch Medical Practice
The reasons for this proposed move are set out below:
- To enhance service quality in respect of environment where patients are treated. For example a more spacious reception area with space for patients to speak in privacy with the reception staff. A more spacious waiting area, children’s play area, buggy park, baby changing facilities, dedicated disabled WCs, separate male and female WCs
- To improve patient satisfaction and the environment for all those using the practice, for example by reduction of noise, improved heating in winter, improved cooling and ventilation in the summer, breast feeding and nappy changing facilities, increasing comfort and convenience for patients.
- To enhance the physical access for patients (in line with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act).
- To increase the availability of car parking close to the practice with dedicated disabled parking.
- To improve the quality of clinical services, e.g. Better infection control, Enhanced range of equipment, dedicated minor surgery facilities.
- To improve patient satisfaction.
- To improve staff morale.
- To increase the numbers and range of staff in primary care team, e.g. Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Physios, Physician Associates and Paramedics.
- To enhance staff training opportunities with suitable space for in house training.
- To create the opportunities for GP training.
- To develop further nurse-led or pharmacist clinics COPD/Asthma/Diabetes/Leg Ulcer Dressing/Hypertension/Ambulatory BP monitoring.
- To make full use of allied health professionals.
- To minimise disruption of services provided to patients e.g. during diabetic eye screening and flu clinics.
If you feel that this proposed move would cause you, or any member of your family / household difficulties, please contact Mary McCabe, Practice Manager, on 02891 455000 to discuss your concerns. However, if you would rather address your concerns to a member of the HSCB team, please contact Deaglan Stanton on 02895 363097 or e-mail Deaglan.email@example.com
We will be in touch with you to provide updates on the process as we move forward. However, throughout this consultation, we will continue to provide all current services at our premises in Silverbirch Medical Practice, 39a Silverbirch Road, Bangor.
As part of the consultation process on this proposal, it has been agreed that a questionnaire will be made available to all patients who are registered with this practice, to seek their views on the proposal to relocate. The questionnaire can be found at the practice reception desk, as a PDF file on the practice website or posted on request from the practice. The survey will be available for all patients to complete until end of business 31st December 2019.
Please be assured that the Practice team and I will continue to strive to provide high quality care for all our patients throughout this process.