COVID-19 Booster Vaccination
Last updated Tuesday 19 October 2021
This page will be updated regularly with details of our COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics.
We have received our supply of COVID-19 Booster vaccines and will begin vaccinating on Friday 22 October.
Schedule of clinics
As with the primary vaccination programme we are providing the booster vaccinations in line with the priority groups set out by the JCVI. Please do not call the practice to ask about vaccination. We will contact you when it is your turn to be vaccinated. You will receive an invitation by SMS Text message, letter or telephone call.
We will schedule clinics and invite patients for vaccination by priority group as we receive supplies of the vaccine.
Drive-thru COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
To comply with physical distancing and COVID-19 precautions we plan to run drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination clinics. These worked very well for our flu clinics. We had lots of positive feedback from patients and staff and the clinics were efficient and effective.
Patients will need to arrive in their car at their allocated time wearing a mask and with easy access to their upper arm/shoulder (no coats or jumpers please). Staff will be wearing PPE.
Please note, you must remain at the clinic for observation for 15 minutes after being vaccinated.
COVID-19 Vaccination - Information for patients
We will be administering the COVID-19 mRNA (Comirnaty, Pfizer/BioNTech) vaccine for Boosters.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: A guide for adults - This guide explains about the COVID-19 vaccine and who is eligible
- COVID-19 Vaccination: What to expect - Information for people who have had their first COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccination Programme Questions & Answers
As far as possible we have tried to identify families and households and invite everyone to the same appointment slot. If however, we have invited two people in your family to different time slots, you can of course all come together in one time slot as long as you arrive in one vehicle as a family.
COVID-19 precautions at vaccination clinics
Do not attend for you COVID-19 vaccination if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are required to self-isolate:
- Fever/High temperature
- Loss of sense of taste
- Loss of sense of smell
Do not attend if you have been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
All patients arriving for vaccination must wear a face mask.
If you are unable to attend for the above reasons please contact the practice and your vaccination can be re-scheduled.
Arrival at Drive Thru Clinic
To help us run the clinic safely, efficiently and conveniently for all patients, please follow these instructions:
- Enter the Drive-Thru clinic from the Silverbirch Road
- Exit via the Pinehill Road (bollards have been removed to allow cars to drive through the carpark)
- There will be staff wearing Hi-Visibility Vests or Jackets to Marshal arriving vehicles
- Patients arriving in Taxis should make themselves known and they will be prioritised to prevent unnecessary waiting
- Marshalling staff will direct you to a Vaccination Bay
- Enter the Vaccination Bay and turn off your engine
- Ensure you are wearing a mask ( a visor does not negate the need for a mask)
- Ensure you are not wearing any clothing that will prevent easy access to your upper arm/shoulder
- Have the appropriate your COVID-19 Booster Consent Form completed and ready to hand to staff
- One you have received your vaccination you must proceed to an observation bay or observation area and remain for observation for 15 minutes
Please do your best to download and complete the appropriate COVID-19 Booster Consent Form before arriving, but if you are genuinely unable to do so we will have forms available on the day. The more people who arrive with completed forms the more efficiently the clinic will run.
Schedule of clinics (last updated Tuesday 19 October 2021)
- Over 80 priority group - Friday 22 October 0900 - 1200
To allow us to contact you quickly and easily please sign up for our SMS Text Messaging Service.
To help the clinic run smoothly please print off a copy of the consent form below. Complete Sections 1 and 2 of the form on the day of your appointment and before arriving at the Practice. Bring the completed form with you to your appointment.
If you are unable to print off a from prior to your appointment and have nobody else to do this for your - don't worry. There are printed forms available at the Practice and they will be provided at the clinic. We would just ask as many people as possible to print and complete forms before coming to help the clinic run smoothly.